Senior Associate | MBA in Residence
Businesses are a crucial piece of a prosperous and sustainable future. I believe that sustainable business practices not only improve companies’ financial performance, but also benefit employees, stakeholders, the environment, and society at large.
Francisca is passionate about using her for-profit, non-profit, legal, and social enterprise experience to help build and grow businesses that are profitable, sustainable, and beneficial for all stakeholders.
Francisca practiced law at a corporate law firm in Johannesburg for 4.5 years. She has extensive academic experience and is currently an adjunct lecturer at Strathmore University’s law school in Nairobi, Kenya, teaching Foundations of Roman Law and Legal Practice Management. Francisca also worked for and served on the board of a South African non-profit organization that identifies, connects, and mobilizes change-makers in Africa. Francisca is licensed to practice law in Colorado and holds an MBA in Global, Social, and Sustainable Enterprise from Colorado State University.
Francisca’s hobbies include playing violin, going to concerts, travelling, and hiking with her husband, Jeff.
- LOHAS brands
- Craft beer
- Freelance and gig economy
- Technology and #platformcoops
- Local and independent food and beverage
- Impact investing
- Local and impact investing
- User, consumer, producer, multi-stakeholder ownership models
- Farming, agriculture, and food producer
- Mental health
- Employee ownership
- Consulting and professional services
- Solar and renewable energy and electric utility regulation
- Business Model Architecture and Design
- Entity Formation
- Custom transactional support
- Regulatory compliance
LLB cum laude, University of Pretoria
LLM in International Trade Law, University of Stellenbosch
Global Social and Sustainable Enterprise MBA summa cum laude, Colorado State University
South Africa: admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa – 2013
Colorado – 2017
- Leadership Excellence and Academic Distinction Award, 2017, Colorado State University College of Business
- International Presidential Fellow, 2017, Colorado State University